To all our membership:
Thank you for your patience. We waited to let you know about the season with the hope the outcome would be positive and the soccer governing body, Ontario Soccer, would reinstate the season and permit soccer to return to play. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions based on the guidelines of the provincial government and public health authorities regarding socializing with greater numbers, in our jurisdiction they have not yet lifted the ban, so we have no choice but to cancel this year’s soccer season. This has been a difficult decision but one that is necessary as our top priority is the health and safety of our players, officials, volunteers, and spectators in our community during this pandemic outbreak.
We are a non-profit organization. We collect the registration funds and pay for the expenses to run the season based on enrolment projections. When this year started, we proceeded as we always do. We ordered uniforms, paint for the fields, nets, goals, soccer balls, etc. As COVID-19 became a reality, our registrations stopped. We endured expenses thus far that we counted on the registration money to pay and we had to pay all our expenses with half of the money coming in.
This pandemic has hit our non-profit organization very hard. It has been a financial hardship and we are doing everything in our power to be fair to all of our members while at the same time possess the ability to be viable for the children in our community for the future. Regrettably, we are unable to refund the full amount of registration as it will leave the club in dire financial straits. In order to maintain TRSC for the future players, we ask you kindly to roll your registration over to the 2021 soccer season. We have a record of all this season’s registrations and we will automatically put you on a team next season. You will be considered paid in full even if the registration fee is higher for the 2021 season.
If you still want to have a refund, unfortunately, the partial refund amount is $40.00. Please remember, as a board, it is our responsibility to ensure the survival of the club and our ability to continue to operate.
In consultation meetings with the other house league clubs in Windsor and Essex County, collaboratively, we are offering the same solutions as we are all in the same position. We hope that you understand. We have no other alternative. Please continue to stay safe, practise good hygiene and social distancing. Soccer will be back and even stronger. It’s just a matter of time.
We appreciate your continued support and understanding in this difficult decision.